Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chinese Food: What's Hot Now: Food Trivia - fun food trivia

Chinese Food: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Food Trivia - fun food trivia
Oct 11th 2011, 10:05

Chinese Cuisine - Food Trivia

Here are some fun food trivia questions about the exotic ingredients used in Chinese and Asian cooking. Where possible, the answers include recipes.  As you can see, the descriptions below are "teasers" designed not to give away the answer. Check here for an alphabetized index of all the ingredients, cooking terms, and expressions that I've covered so far.

93 - I am called a miniature orange. 

92 - Elephants love me, even though I grow underground.

91 - I am Beijing's most famous dish.

89 - I am the main ingredient in the Hawaiian dish Poi.

88 - This chicken dish is named after a famous general.

87
- I am an aromatic oil that has been valued for thousands of years.

86 - East meets West in the television show by this well known chef.

85 - Can you name this cookbook author? (Hint: her mother had her own television cooking show in the 1960's).

84 - Can you name the celebrity chef?

83 - I am the favorite snack of a certain cartoon mammal. (Hint: What's up Doc?)

82 - Can you name this health giving aphrodisiac?

81 - Boo! I am a Chinese festival similar to Hallowe'en.

80 - I am rich in calcium and have a sweet, "mustardy" flavor.

79 - I resemble human hair; you may find me in the Mongolian dessert.  

78 - I was invented in a British chemist's shop in the early 1800's.

77 - My name could be a synonym for "sweet stone." 

75 - I can be found in puddings, soups, and even teas.

74 - Related to the grapefruit, I am also called shaddock

73 - You say dou fu, I say?

72 - More Chinese Breakfast foods

71 - This nut rates a mention in both the Bible and Greek Mythology

70 - A popular Chinese Breakfast food

69 - World's Most Popular Tropical Fruit

68 - A fungus named after a marine character.

67 - Although very pungent, I am ubiquitous in Chinese cooking.

66 - I am the fruit mentioned most often in the Bible.

65 - As American as French fries.  What am I?

64 - You'll find me in sandwiches, salads, soups, and stir-fries.

63 - A popular ingredient in Mexican and Chinese cooking.

62 - What is Angled Luffa?

61 - Mystery Dish.

60 - Although sometimes mistaken for a vegetable, I am actually a fruit.

59 - A spiky fruit with a foul odor that is popular? What am I?

58 - The most popular meat in the world.

57 - A popular salad item in the west, my Chinese version is usually cooked.

56 - Some Like it Hot.

55 - Hot and Sour.

54 - I can be red or green, and sometimes go by the embarassing name of "pigweed."

53 - First boiled, then stir-fried, I'm a spicy Szechuan dish.

52 - With a name that means "cabbage flower," it's not surprising Mark Twain had a low opinion of me.

51 - Strange Recipe Names - Buddha Jumps Over the Wall.

50 - Chop Suey - Pseudo-American or authentic Chinese?

49 - The Chinese call me "Chen." What am I?

48 - What aquatic plant represents both purity and the number 1,000?

47 - What does "dim sum" mean?

46 - How did the dish "Ants Creeping Up a Tree" get its name?

45 - What type of cookie did Queen Elizabeth invent?

44 - What is a Chinese date? 

43 - American or Chinese?

42 - Sea slug or aphrodisiac?

41 - New year's celebrations

40 - "Eat it all"

39 - What am I?

38 - Chinese Birth Announcements

37 - Kitchen God

36 - Duck Sauce

35 - "Meat without Bones"

34 - Pepper

33 - Origin of Bird's nest soup

32 - Mexican or Chinese?

31 - "velveting the chicken"

30 - Peking Ravioli

29 - "Swallowing a cloud"

28 - Popular condiment with Asian origins?

27 - How did Chinese housewives help throw out the Mongol conquerors?

25 - Spaghetti or rice - which came first to Italy?

24 - Breaking your rice bowl

Chinese Cuisine Home Page

 

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment